FLGA District Scholarship Application
INFORMATION ON THE FLGA DISTRICT SCHOLARSHIPS
A valid application for a District scholarship will include all of the information listed in these guidelines.
*Send a copy of the application to the District Scholarship Chairman.
Materials must be received before JUNE 12, 2018
District will also accept applications for Spring and Summer Term.
Lois J. Ford, FL-GA District
118 E. Wilt Ave.
Eustis, FL 32726
INFORMATION ON THE SCHOLARSHIPS
- The district scholarship fund is administered by the District Scholarship committee appointed by the District President and are granted to students preparing for full-time church work in the LCMS.
- Applicants must have been a member of a congregation of the FL-GA, SELC or English District of the LCMS in the states of Florida or Georgia for the eighteen (18) months prior to filing an application, and be enrolled full-time in a rostered church worker program. An applicant may only receive a scholarship from one district.
- FL-GA District scholarships may also be awarded for the spring and summer terms and for special programs (SMP, EIIT, etc.) that fit the guidelines. Scholarships will be given in two installments, half at the beginning and half at mid-point of the school year.
- Applications for a Scholarship must be made on the form provided, completed and in the hands of the committee chairman by the deadline of June 12, 2017.
- Students who are qualified and desire a scholarship another year must reapply each year. Only one scholarship per family per year will be awarded.
- Contact the scholarship chairman for further information. Applications are available from the FL/GA District: http://flgadistrict.org.
Scholarships are also available from the LWML: www.flgalwml.com Go to the Grants and Scholarship page. NOTE: The LWML requires that their application is in their hands by June 1. No exceptions.
The FLGA District Application is due each year in which Student Aid is desired.