We are looking forward to seeing you at the 2017 FG District K-12 Administrators Conference! We have designed the entire event with you in mind. It will include Professional Development, Spiritual Nurture, great Fellowship with colleagues, and time for Networking and Collaboration. The conference is designed for School Principals and Assistant Principals and others in key Administrative positions.
Goal of the Conference:
The goal of the conference is for participants to be strengthened and nourished personally and professionally so they are better equipped to tackle the demands of a Lutheran school administrator.
January 30 – February 1, 2017
$180 per person (Double Occupancy, Meals and Program Costs included)
How to Register:
How to Pay:
- Pay online: Use the link in the footer of this webpage that says: “Payments & Donations” to pay with a credit/debit card. Choose Administrators Conference when paying.
- Or, write a check, made payable to: Florida-Georgia District. Send it to: 5850 T G Lee Blvd. #500, Orlando, FL 32822
- Registration is not complete until payment is made. Your spot is not reserved until payment is received.
Shifting Sand – Solid Rock
- Table Talk and Large Group exploration and discussion about the impact of demographic change on Lutheran schools and how to be better prepared to adapt as change occurs.
- Sharing of programs, resources and events that can enrich your school ministry!
- Rev. Ben Hoyer, the Cross, Orlando, FL
- Mr. Rusty Huseman, Esq. – FG District Legal Counsel / Founder – Lutheran Legal League
Rusty’s presentations will address legal issues facing Lutheran schools today and how to be properly prepared to respond to them as responsible Christian people.
- Mr. Matt Bergholt – Manager – Online Support Services, National Missions, LCMS
Matt will zero in on Social Media issues that both challenge Lutheran school leaders and provide great opportunity for school ministries.
- Dr. Kevin Brockberg – Administrator – Trinity Downtown, Orlando, FL
Kevin has served as a Lutheran school administrator in Indiana, Michigan, Florida, and China, and as a public school principal in Detroit. He will facilitate the group as we explore the potential impact of data shared by Paul Taylor from the Pew Research Institute at the 2016 Educators Conference, on Lutheran schools.
- Mr. Mark Brink – Executive Director for School Ministries, FLGA District
Mark will highlight programs, resources and events that are being/have been developed for Lutheran schools, including a Youth Leadership Academy, development of a new “Orientation to Lutheran School Ministry” resource for non-Lutheran teachers, and a statistical report on the declining number of Synodically certified teachers and principals and what it means for schools in the very near future and beyond.
MONDAY, JANUARY 30
1:00 Opening – Welcome and Interactive Bible Study/Devotion
2:00 Legal Issues and the Lutheran School – Part 1 – Rusty Huseman
400 Legal Issues and the Lutheran School – Part 2 — Rusty Huseman
TUESDAY, JANUARY 31
900 Bible Study/Devotions
945 Social Media and the Lutheran School – Matt Bergholt
100 District and Synod Resources, Events and Initiatives – Mark Brink
300 Table Talk/Group Discussion – Application of What We Have Heard
700 Evening Fellowship
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1
845 Bible Study/Devotions
930 Demographics – What Shifts Will You Have to Be Ready to Make?
1100 Where To From Here?
As Lutheran school administrators, where do we go from here as a District of School administrators? What can we do collectively that we cannot do alone?