Upcoming Mission Mondays Topics
- April 12 – The Post-Quarantine Church
When does “back to normal” begin? Will we ever get there? How can we prepare ourselves for the “post-quarantine” era? We are not entering this era alone. Not only is God with us, He has gone before us! Where is He leading? Join us for observations, discussion, and encouragement as we share new opportunities for the re-gathering church.
- April 26 – Summer Outreach Ideas
- May 10 – Prayer Walking
- May 24 – Influence as Mission
Archive of Past Topics
Please reach out to Dr. Peter Meier for more information and resources on past topics.
2021 Archive Topics and Descriptions
March 22 - "Engagement" is the New "Attendance"
- March 22 – “Engagement” is the New “Attendance”
Engagement Is the New Attendance – After one year of COVID “pivots” and changes, you’ve probably noticed that methods we used to depend on to connect people to church and keep them connected don’t “work” anymore. Our culture has changed. The mission of God has not, however. Instead of trying to attract people to church, let’s think about “engaging” them. Traditionally, we know when people are engaged by their presence, but how about those who are digitally present? What are some of the ways we might engage those who are “digital” or “phygital” members?
March 8 - Grandparents in Mission
March 8 – Grandparents in Mission
Grandparenting is much more than looking for ways to spoil our grandchildren! Many grandparents are actually parenting their grandchildren; others have been separated by the Pandemic, while some have been isolated and cut off by their children so that they cannot visit or communicate with their children. How do grandparents see and understand their role spiritually? How can we influence the spiritual life and maturation of our grandchildren? Join us for discussion and idea sharing as we consider mission opportunities for grandparents.
February 22 - Outreach to/with Seniors
- February 22 – Outreach to/with Seniors – With 10,000 Americans turning 65 every day, what impact does this have on our congregations? Do we wring our hands because we have so many retirees, or do we celebrate and utilize the gifts of our seniors? The US population of seniors is 16%, yet in the LCMS, they are 30% of our membership. The graying of our churches raises concerns about the future, yet seniors are active and productive members in their churches and communities. What are challenges and opportunities to reach unchurched seniors and to engage seniors in outreach ministries? How can seniors make significant impact in the outreach efforts of our churches and ministries?
February 8 - Great Small Churches, Part 2
- February 8 – Great Small Churches, Part 2 – Small Churches are those with 50 (plus or minus 50) people in attendance. If this is your church, join us for conversation and encouragement! No need to feel “small” as you look at nearby larger congregations. Instead, ask how God can take your humble beginnings and offer you great possibilities to accomplish much for His kingdom? Bigger and Better is not the church’s business. Let’s not make faulty assumptions, but let’s consider how God uses all the churches He has planted – no matter how small! Join us for encouragement and sharing as we consider how small churches can fulfil the purpose God intends for them!
January 25, Great Small Churches, Part 1
Often, pastors and members of “small churches” feel discouraged and disappointed with their ministry as they look at nearby larger congregations. Why not ask how God can take your humble beginnings and offer you great possibilities to accomplish much for His kingdom. Bigger and Better is not the church’s business. Let’s not make faulty assumptions, but let’s consider how God uses the churches He has planted – no matter how small! Join us for encouragement and sharing as we consider how small churches can fulfil the purpose God intends for them!
January 11, Community Outreach Ideas
Community Outreach Ideas – Many, if not most of our churches and schools are involved in community outreach in some way, even in the Pandemic. How are you involved? How do you know what the community really needs/desires in terms of outreach? How do you involve members of the community in events and service? Join us to discuss and share, and find out how the FLGA District is able to support your outreach efforts with its new “Miracle Grow” initiative.
2020 Archive Topics
June 8 – Don’t Waste This Crisis
June 22 – Prayer and Missions
July 13 – Faith Sharing & Spiritual Conversations
August 10 – Beyond Church as We Know It – Venal Dogmata_1
August 24 – Beyond Church… Venal Dogmata_2
September 14 – Beyond Church… Venal Dogmata_3
September 28 – Disciple-Making: Job#1
October 12 – Disciple_Making: Job#1
October 26 – Discipleship: Discovery Bible Study
November 9 – Lutheran Schools: Mission Tools
November 23 – Lutheran Schools: Missionart Teams
December 14 – Discipleship at Home: Family Devotions