For Accredited Schools in the FLGA District. Click here for a downloadable document of important information that you need to know.
NLSA and Florida-Georgia District Accreditation Information for Schools
- Each year every school must send in a fee to both NLSA in St. Louis and the District Office. The due date for both fees is: October 1.
- Every school must send in an electronic copy of the Cumulative Annual Report (CAR) to the FLGA District Office by April 15.
- Your application for re-accreditation is also due in the District office by October 1 the year before your current accreditation expires. (i.e. if your accreditation expires at the end of the 2017-2018 school year, you must reapply for accreditation by October 1 of 2016.)
- Beginning with team visits held during the 2008-2009 school year, the length of an accreditation cycle is 5 years.
The FLGA District Accreditation Commission (DAC) and Consultants
The DAC includes: Glenn Moenning, Commissioner; Leo Raschke; Roger Walker; Pat Weingart; Jon Peterson; Kathy Knudtson; Mark Brink.
Trained Consultants/Team Captains (in addition to DAC members) include: Ruth Wiedenmann, Karen Smith, Steve Hoffschneider, Brenda Sorren, Jim Richards, Jody Schweichler, Bob Boyd.
Helpful items available for download
- Team Report Submission Checklist (for Visiting Team Captain)
- Team suggestions
- NLSA Face Sheet for the Visiting Team Report (for the Visiting Team Captain)
Sample CAR for Standards Based Accreditation
Sample CAR for Ongoing Improvement Accreditation
- Application for Extension of Time to file the CAR
- Application for NLSA Accreditation – Evidence Based Accreditation
- Application for NLSA Accreditation – for Free Standing EC Center
- Application for AdvancEd Accredition – Application for AdvancEd Accreditation
- Application for FL-GA District Accreditation – Declaration of Participation
- NLSA/FG-GOLD Self Study Instrument for Early Childhood Centers
- Parent/Staff/Director/Teacher surveys for EC Document
- NLSA Evidence Based Accreditation Self Study.
- DAC EC Standard Power Point
- EBA Consultant Power Point
Cumulative Annual Report (CAR)
- Your CAR should be a report of items worked during the current school year.
- Each year you should add to the report of the previous year.
- In the last year of accreditation you will have a team visit, and your report will be the Visiting Team Report (VTR) rather than a CAR.
- An electronic copy of the CAR must be submitted to the District Office by April 15.