For Accredited Schools in the FLGA District. Click here for a downloadable document of important information that you need to know.
NLSA and Florida-Georgia District Accreditation Information for Schools
- Each year every school must send in a fee to both NLSA in St. Louis and the District Office. The due date for both fees is: October 1.
- Every accredited school must send in an electronic copy of the Cumulative Annual Report (CAR) to the FLGA District Office by April 15.
- Your application for re-accreditation is also due in the District office by October 1 the year before your current accreditation expires. (i.e. if your accreditation expires at the end of the 2019-2020 school year, you must reapply for accreditation by October 1 of 2018.)
- Beginning with team visits held during the 2008-2009 school year, the length of an accreditation cycle is 5 years.
The FLGA District Accreditation Commission (DAC) and Consultants
The DAC includes: Jon Peterson, Commissioner; Roger Walker; Pat Weingart; Kathy Knudtson; Mark Brink.
Trained Consultants/Team Captains (in addition to DAC members) include: Ruth Wiedenmann, Karen Smith, Steve Hoffschneider, Brenda Sorren, Jim Richards, Jody Schweichler, Bob Boyd.
Helpful items available for download
Sample CAR for Standards Based Accreditation
Sample CAR for Ongoing Improvement Accreditation
- Application for Extension of Time to file the CAR
- Application for NLSA Accreditation – Evidence Based Accreditation
- Application for NLSA Accreditation – for Free Standing EC Center – New!!!!!
- Application for AdvancEd Accredition – Application for AdvancEd Accreditation
- Application for FL-GA District Accreditation – Declaration of Participation
- NLSA/FG-GOLD Self Study Instrument for Early Childhood Centers
- Parent/Staff/Director/Teacher surveys for EC Document
- NLSA Evidence Based Accreditation Self Study.
- DAC EC Standard Power Point
- EBA Consultant Power Point
Cumulative Annual Report (CAR)
- Your CAR should be a report of items worked during the current school year.
- Each year you should add to the report of the previous year.
- In the last year of accreditation you will have a team visit, and your report will be the Visiting Team Report (VTR) rather than a CAR.
- An electronic copy of the CAR must be submitted to the District Office by April 15.