The “Latest Information” page link has frequent updates about free and discounted services from LCMS organizations. It also includes links and information from government agencies.
Different parts of the country are seeing different levels of COVID-19 activity. The United States nationally is currently in the initiation phases, but states where community spread is occurring are in the acceleration phase. The duration and severity of each phase can vary depending on the characteristics of the virus and the public health response.
At the same time, we want to encourage you to pray and put your trust in God, who continues to love us in Jesus in spite of our sin. Lent is perhaps a great time to remember the real impact of death, but also the One who conquered death for us!
Authorities are communicating that in the US, COVID-19 impact is here now. Since the conversation is no longer about when, it is especially important to talk about how we are responding. This page has been created as a repository for the latest information and updates that are applicable to FLGA District churches and schools and families.
President Walton, and our District Attorney Rusty Huseman have asked that congregations refrain from gathering, out of love for your neighbors by not providing a place for others to get sick. Please see his letter here.
The Centers for Disease Control COVID-19 website publishes the latest updates.
CDC’s current risk assessment:
- For the general American public, who are unlikely to be exposed to this virus at this time, the immediate health risk from COVID-19 is considered low.
- People in communities where ongoing community spread with the virus that causes COVID-19 has been reported are at elevated though still relatively low risk of exposure.
- Healthcare workers caring for patients with COVID-19 are at elevated risk of exposure.
- Close contacts of persons with COVID-19 also are at elevated risk of exposure.
- Travelers returning from affected international locations where community spread is occurring also are at elevated risk of exposure.
What Has Happened :
More cases of COVID-19 are being identified, including more cases in the United States. Person-to-person spread will continue to occur. We are now facing a temporary new reality here in the United States. Social distancing, shut downs, telecommuting, quarantines and self-quarantines are becoming the new normal.