Dear Operation Barnabas Congregations/Chapters,
The February issue of “Warning Order: Operation Barnabas” features many great resources, including:
- Opening devotion and prayer — The U.S. Coast Guard motto of “Semper Paratus” – Always Prepared is a fitting tribute to the men and women who protect the United States, and it is an accurate description of our gracious God.
- Fallen Heroes Report
— Staff Sgt. Dylan Elchin of Hookstown, Pa., died Nov. 27, 2018, in Afghanistan.
— Sgt. 1st Class Eric Michael Emond of Brush Prairie, Wash., died Nov. 27, 2018, in Afghanistan.
— Capt. Andrew Patrick Ross of Lexington, Va., died Nov. 27, 2018, in Afghanistan.
— Sgt. Jason Mitchell McClary of Export, Pa., died Dec. 2, 2018, in Afghanistan.
- Featured resource — The Veteran’s Administration established the Community Clergy Training Program to support rural veterans with limited health care options, especially for mental health.
- Tribute — Nancy Rowley, LCMS Ministry to the Forces Administrative Assistant, plans to retire Feb. 15 after 22 years of faithful service.
- “Adopt-a-Chap” — This program provides an opportunity for congregations to directly connect with, or “adopt,” our Synod’s armed forces chaplains, including active, Reserve and those serving in VA hospitals. The program links congregations with chaplains to promote mutual support and growth.
- Events and resources for service members, veterans and families.
Thank you for your continued support and partnership in the LCMS Operation Barnabas project. As always, please contact LCMS Ministry to the Armed Forces with your questions and concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Christ’s Service,
Chaplain Craig G. Muehler
CAPT, CHC, USN (Ret)
Director, Ministry to the Armed Forces
The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod
1333 S. Kirkwood Road
St. Louis, MO 63122-7295
800-248-1930 Ext. 1337 (toll-free)
Cell: (571) 234-0073
Connect and Support:
Donate to Support our Ministry to the Armed Forces